Saturday, September 30, 2006

I ran out of gas today


I ran out of gas today. I was alone with my autistic daughter Jessica. She likes to shop at Wal-Mart, so about once a week I drive to Wal-Mart (about 20miles from my house). About half way there I realized the car was on empty. I was driving my husband’s company car. I thought, "There is a gas station next to Wal-Mart, I'll get gas there". Well, the tank was emptier then I thought. We stopped at a busy light only 500 yards away from Wal-Mart, but the car would not start. I had to put my emergency lights on. I felt like kicking myself! I'm driving a company car, I get free gas, but I'm out of gas! There has to be a spiritual lesson there for someone! Anyway, God provided me with an angle. A man named George and his wife (I didn't get her name) pull up next to me and ask to help. He helped me push the car to the side of the road, and even went to get me my gas while I waited with Jessica in the car. A good on line friend of mine has had trouble being hurt by someone she thought was her friend. She wrote me saying "can you trust anyone anymore"? It seems descent people are getting fewer and far between. I am so grateful God provided me with the help Jessica and I needed today. They went out of their way to help me (an unorganized stranger who made the mistake of not looking at her gas light). With their help I was back on the road...some times a little help is all some of us need

No comments: