Monday, January 01, 2007

Best day of 2006


I have been thinking about the year 2006. It was a full year...and good year. I had many wonderful moments. I think the best day for me was spent in Thailand. It was our last day in Thailand. It was a little rainy, but warm. We still went to the swimming pool. We were the only ones there. Jessica was so "with us". She laughed with us and interacted with us fully. Her physical coordination was very good. On the way back to our hotel room it began to rain. Jessica ran laughing, giggling across the uneven pavement. I was worried she would fall, but she didn't. She was sure footed, even graceful. At dinner we walked the 5 or more blocks to our favorite restaurant. Again the sidewalks were very uneven. Jessica seemed to master the pavement. It was no problem at all. And days before she would need to be dragged to the restaurant scratching and wining. On this night she walked willingly. Once there she sat contently for an hour...no DVD player! As she returned to the room, over the uneven pavement, I felt like I could cry for joy. I have not seen her so well, so healthy, so all together happy! We are probably traveling soon to China. We are adopting a 4 year old girl. I am sure the airplane ride and first few days in China will be awful! But perhaps we may also see our healthy happy coordinated Jessica too.. Maybe the daily sight seeing,and swimming at the pool brings out the best of Jessica. I can only hope this is true. Getting her to that place of health seems like such allot of work, but once there...it is really something special. I never see her like that at home. At home she is lost. For a brief moment...she was found. She is so amazing when she is found!

No comments: