Friday, May 26, 2006

The lights are on, and someone is home!


Amazing stuff is starting to happen with Jessica.Yesterday she looked me straight in the eyes and said as clear as day "Mama, Mama". Jessica lost her speech when she was 18 months old. She does say a word now and then, but not often. She has not said Mama for at least 5 years. I sat down on the ground and cried! It was such a great gift! Then today she went into the bathroom, took her diaper off (yes she is almost 15 years old and still not toilet trained). She sat on the ground, not the toilet, and peed. Then she waited for me to give her a new diaper. She at least had the right idea for the correct room. Now we just need to get the correct spot in the bathroom right! Amazing! I was super proud of her! The lights are beginning to be switched back on! All I can say is WOW!!!

No comments: